Benefitting Yourself and the World – Work and Learn at Ratna Ling!
If you are a well-organized, energetic, enthusiastic people-person with a mind for creating successful and meaningful retreat experiences for leaders in the healing and wellness industry, as well as guests from around the world, this may be a great match for you! Work in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. This year-round residential work-study opportunity combines meaningful, rewarding work with opportunities for self-growth. Seeking those with a sincere interest and a strong work ethic.
Length of commitment is a minimum six months, preferably longer, depending on mutual fit. We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism, exploring work as a path to inner knowledge, and helping to support and expand our retreat center’s outreach through thoughtful words and actions.
- Respond via e-mail and phone to inquiries from both existing and potential retreat leaders and individual guests to encourage bookings and increase sales.
- Use reservation software to book personal and group retreats.
- Create contracts and collect deposits and payments.
- Work closely with retreat leaders to plan their retreats/events in a timely and thorough manner.
- Oversee execution of retreat/event by working and communicating with your housekeeping and kitchen staff.
- Offer support to existing retreat leaders and actively seek new retreat leaders to grow our customer base.
- Assume active roll in guest services including greeting, checking in/out guests, following up with guests/retreat leaders throughout retreat/event and keeping in touch after their departure.
- Coordinate Ratna Ling guest classes for both personal and group retreats.
- Support housekeeping staff and kitchen when needed.
- May be requested to perform tasks outside of job description when needed.
- Experience in the field of sales and event planning is a plus, however, we are willing to train the right person with the right attitude.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Adobe Acrobat)
- Mulitasker. Good organizational skills. Detail and big picture oriented.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively
- Fearless, outgoing, optimistic, problem-solver
- Intelligent and professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to work well with people and take leadership
- Emotionally balanced and flexible
You will receive:
- Shared housing in cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Delicious vegetarian meals, tea and coffee.
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
- Free classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, applicable to everyday life.
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Natural beauty and close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
- The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
Our weekly schedule is rigorous (six days a week) and rewarding! See our Work Study website for details, photos, application, and everything you need to know about living and working at Ratna Ling Retreat Center.
Minimum commitment is six months. No religious affiliation required. Minimum age is 23 years old. Couples are welcome to apply.
Contact us! Phone: (707) 847-3777 ext. 115 E-Mail: email@example.com