If you are a forward thinking, creative and enthusiastic communicator with a mind for reaching out to others and making connections, this may be a great match for you! Work in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. This year-round residential work-study opportunity combines meaningful, rewarding work with opportunities for self-growth. Seeking those with a sincere interest and a strong work ethic.
Length of commitment is a minimum six months, preferably longer, depending on mutual fit. We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism, exploring work as a path to inner knowledge, and helping to support and expand our retreat center’s outreach through thoughtful words and actions.
- Design marketing campaigns to drive awareness of our group and personal retreat offerings.
- Create quarterly e-newsletters and occasional promotional e-mail blasts (Vertical Response)
- Communicate via phone and e-mail with existing and potential customers.
- Manage WordPress website: posting upcoming events, writing monthly blog posts, and editing pages when necessary
- Maintain existing social media outlets and expand into new social media territory.
- Design and create flyers, print ads, brochures (knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus)
- Work in cooperation with retreat/event planner to drive business.
- Photographic skills (and your own camera) is a plus!
- Support housekeeping staff and kitchen when needed.
- May be requested to perform tasks outside of job description when needed.
- Experience in the field of marketing and design is a plus, however, we are willing to train the right person with the right attitude.
- Computer Savvy. Knowledge of Apple software, WordPress and Adobe products a plus
- Good organizational skills. Detail and big picture oriented.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively
- Fearless, outgoing, optimistic, problem-solver
- Intelligent and professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to work well with people and take leadership
- Emotionally balanced and flexible
- Interest in experiencing life within a spiritual community
You will receive:
- Shared housing in cabins with a private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace. 2-3 people per cabin.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Vegetarian meals, tea and coffee.
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month.
- Free classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, applicable to everyday life: Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye.
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Natural beauty and close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
- The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
Our weekly schedule is rigorous (six days a week) and rewarding! See our Work Study website for details, photos, application, and everything you need to know about living and working at Ratna Ling Retreat Center.
Minimum commitment is six months. No religious affiliation required. Minimum age is 23 years old. Couples are welcome to apply.
Contact us! Phone: (707) 847-3777 ext. 115 E-Mail: email@example.com