Passionate about food
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and qualified cook to assist in running our large and busy kitchen. Ratna Ling Retreat Center is a non-profit retreat center and intentional community located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Sonoma County in northern California. Grounded in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and supported by a spiritual community of like-minded people dedicated to service to humanity, this year-round residential work-study opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish.
The successful applicant will have some previous experience in these areas:
Managing a busy kitchen
Planning and setting menus
Ordering and monitoring supplies
Attention to detail is a must, as is demonstrated culinary expertise. We want someone with creativity and passion to help us produce international vegetarian cuisine to enhance the overall dining experience for our volunteers and retreatants.
You will receive:
- Free housing in a cozy cabin with private bath, outdoor deck, gas fireplace (2-3 persons per cabin).
- Free laundry facilities, Wi-Fi and domestic phone class
- Free delicious vegetarian meals tea and coffee
- Monthly living allowance of $150 per month
- Free morning and evening classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye (Tibetan yoga)
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean
- The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships
We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
Visit www.ratnalingworkstudy.com for details, photos and application.
Minimum commitment is 6 months. No religious affiliation required. Minimum age is 23 years old. Couples are welcome to apply.
Contact us by phone: (707) 847-3777 ext. 115 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org